Being a mother is very rewarding, and yet many young women are forced to abort for several reasons. Can someone force you to have an abortion? NO! No one can make you undergo an abortion. Abortion providers in most states in the U.S. perform abortions only for women who have consciously made that decision. In the event that you are pregnant and unsure as to what your next step should be, you may reach out to a pregnancy consultant near me for counsel.
Dealing with an unplanned pregnancy
Having an abortion only because your parents think it is the right thing to do, may not in fact be the right thing for you. While you can learn from the advice that other people give you, it is prudent that you decide what is best for yourself.
If you are faced with an unintended pregnancy, you have three options. You can have an abortion, place the child for adoption or carry to term and raise the child. Every woman, irrespective of her age and financial standing, has the right to decide which of the options are best for her. This can be a difficult decision to make, and hence experts recommend talking to a trusted adult before making that decision.
There are several things you must consider before making your decision.
- What are the various abortion procedures?
- How much does an abortion cost?
- Are there risks and side effects?
- How can adoption be a good choice for me?
- Can I choose the family for my baby?
- Can I get help with medical and living expenses while making an adoption plan?
- How will I support my child?
- What resources are available to help me?
- What rights does my child’s father have?
If you are unsure as to what to do, fret not! Seek the counsel of a pregnancy consultant and call The Center for Life Choices at 707-463-1436. Help is at hand!